Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Intro

My name is Mary, I am 26 years old, and am from Ontario, Canada.

I love reading and have been a reader ever since I can remember. In elementary school, I always got books from book club (once every month or so, we would receive a little booklet of books for our age range to read and I would almost always choose books that were more advanced than I was supposed to).

The first series I ever got into was The Babysitter's Club. I had ever book in the series and my mom sold them when I was much younger. I also got in Goosebumps and even remember getting one when I had my tonsils removed (at the age of 10). Shortly afterwards, I got into Stephen King novels and just got more into reading ever since.

My reading tastes are all over the board. If a book sounds interesting or the cover catches my eye, I will check it out.

This blog will be dedicated to reviews on the books I read (have already read at least 5 books so far during 2011, but will only post reviews on future books I complete (will more than likely re-read ones I own and have already read in the future). I will also post hauls on the books I purchase. I am a Borders Rewards Plus Gold Member so I am constantly purchasing books. I think I have bought at least 20 books so far this year (but I am sure the number is closer to 30, if not higher).

Any of the books I feature here have been purchased by myself. I may include the odd book that I have received as a gift but 99.9% of the books I read are ones I have bought myself.

I will update my blog whenever I haul any books or once I finish reading a novel and want to write a review. This may take some time since I am the type of person that reads aloud and have to be home alone in order to do so (suffer from short term memory loss, so reading aloud helps me remember a bit more than I normally can).

If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

- Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment