Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Book Haul - June 8, 2011

I visited Borders about a week ago, so this haul is a little older, but here are the books I picked up during my visit.

Swimsuit by James Patterson & Maxine Paetro
I have only read one James Patterson novel before, Kiss The Girls, and rather enjoyed that so I figured I would try this one out as well. I first saw this at Sam's Club but waited to get it at Borders.

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
I first put this on my reading list a couple of years ago and have always seen it in stores, but never bothered to pick it up. The second last time I was at Borders, I went to a random row of bookshelves and with my eyes closed, pointed to a book, and it just happened to be this one, but I once again held off. The last time I visited Borders, this was in the Buy One Get One 50% Off section, so I finally decided to buy it.

A Vintage Affair by Isabel Wolff
This one was also in the same section as the above novel, so I decided to pick this one up too. It had been on my reading list for a short amount of time but the cover is super pretty and it has the theme of fashion and how vintage clothing has a story behind it.

L.A. Confidential by James Ellroy
This was actually a last minute buy for me. I was passing by the different sections in Borders and noticed some of the James Ellroy novels. I have never seen L.A. Confidential (surprisingly enough because I have seen hundreds of movies) so I actually know little about the novel. It is a crime/noire that takes place in the 50s, so that is the main reason I bought it.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment