Friday, July 22, 2011

Borders Closing :(

As most people know, Borders has gone bankrupt and therefore, are closing down all their stores, and soon the website.

This really disappointed me. I have been a faithful Borders customer for years and will definitely miss shopping there.
They always had a really good selection, friendly staff, easy to navigate store, and really good coupons.
I have spent a lot at Borders over the years, but also saved a lot.

Due to the fact they are closing and the closest bookstore to me is Chapters (which I never shop at), I bought an eReader. I do realize the internet and eReaders were a contributing factor to the bankruptcy of Borders, I had been considering getting one for a while but opted out because I prefer hardcover/paperback versions of my books.

I ended up getting a Kobo Touch. So far, it is pretty good.
I had the Harry Potter series on my computer in the correct format that the Kobo uses (ePub) and had started re-reading the series again (in honour of Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 coming out) so I am now using my Kobo to read them instead of the actual books I own (so I get some use out of it right away).

Again, I am really saddened that Borders is closing :(
I loved the store and the website is also closing in the future as well.

I do have some books I bought a while back that I need to post though, so look out for that post.

Due to the fact I now own a Kobo, pretty much all of my future hauls (aside from the two posted above) will most likely be digital downloads (aka. for my Kobo). If I read any of these, I will also do reviews on them.

I will still be going to stores, like Target and Sam's Club, that sell books, so if any catch my eye, I will probably still buy from those stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment