Friday, July 22, 2011

Book Haul - July 19th, 2011

Aside from the books listed below, I also bought the little Pink plaid Hello Kitty doll I was missing. I own the Blue plaid and the Purple plaid and needed the pink one. I also bought Issue #26 of the Supernatural magazine.

Mystic River by Dennis Lehane
I enjoy the movie adaptation of the novel so I figured I should read the novel and see how I like it and how it compares to the movie.

A Kiss In Time by Alex Flinn
I really rather enjoyed Flinn's novel, Beastly, and figured I would also like this one. It is a retelling of Sleeping Beauty plus the cover is really pretty.

Cirque Du Freak: A Living Nightmare by Darren Shan
I watched The Vampire's Assistant last year and actually really enjoyed it. I almost picked up that book but realized (and remembered) that it wasn't the first book in the series, which is kind of confusing.

Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews
I have never read any V.C. Andrews novels before but figured I would start with this one since I liked the movie. This was under the Horror section of Borders so I am guessing it is darker than the movie is.

Both books are in hardcover and I rarely buy hardcover copies of books (prefer paperback).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment